Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post: Turkey Meatballs with Sweet-n-Sour Sauce
Posted By Danielle Walker On December 1, 2012 @ 10:00 am
Tammy Credicott - The Healthy Gluten Free Life
- Coconut oil for the pan
- 2 lbs. ground turkey thigh (or 1 lb thigh and 1 lb breast)
- 1 small organic onion, finely diced
- 1 small organic red pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh organic parsley
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 farm fresh organic eggs (or use 1 TBSP ground flax seeds mixed with 3 TBSP hot water. Let it sit for a few minutes until it “gels.”
- 1 C organic pineapple juice, drained from a can of pineapple chunks (use pineapple for next step)
- ⅓ C finely chopped organic canned pineapple
- 1 TBSP raw organic honey
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ C organic tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP organic tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place all the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix lightly with your hands to combine. Roll into 1½-inch balls.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place meatballs, evenly spaced, on parchment. Place tray in preheated oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- While meatballs bake, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, mix sauce ingredients until combined. Heat over medium heat until sauce begins to boil. Turn to medium-low and let sauce simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, or until it thickens a bit.
- Serve cooked meatballs with a side of dipping sauce and enjoy!
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/12/01/guest-post-turkey-meatballs-w-sweet-n-sour-sauce/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.