Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Autumn in a Bowl: Spiced Pumpkin Granola
Posted By Danielle Walker On November 7, 2012 @ 11:39 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup raw pecans
- ¾ cup raw macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup raw pepitas + ¼ cup chopped for
adding in at the end
- ½ cup honey, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ½ cup raisins, cranberries, or chocolate chips
- Soak the nuts and ¼ cup pepitas in enough water to cover them and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover, and soak overnight, changing out the water one time.
- Drain the nuts and seeds and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining water.
- Place the soaked nuts and seeds in the bowl of a food processor. Process them until they resemble the size of oats.
- Add in the honey, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla, spices, and salt. Pulse until combined.
- Remove the blade, then mix in the shredded coconut with a spoon. Turn the mixture out onto 3-4 parchment covered dehydrator trays. Spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Dehydrate on 120 degrees for 24 hours, turning twice. The granola may feel a little sticky and wet when you first remove it, but will crisp up after cooling.
- Stir in the raisins and additional ¼ cup chopped pepitas, then let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/11/07/pumpkin-spice-granola/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.