Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post: Paleo Vanilla Chai Pancakes
Posted By Danielle Walker On October 17, 2012 @ 6:00 am
Alyssa - Queen of Quinoa.
12 small pancakes
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon stevia (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla chai tea bags
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk to warm and add the tea bags. Keep warm or at a low simmer for 5 – 10 minutes. Squeeze out all the extra “juice” from the tea bags into the milk and discard.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the wet ingredients together.
- Add the coconut flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the pancake griddle to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray or coat with coconut oil.
- Ladle the batter onto the griddle and smooth them out with the back of a spatula. Cook on one side for 3 minutes, flip and continue cooking for another two.
- Transfer the cakes to a plate and keep warm in the oven while the others cook.
- Serve with a dollop of pumpkin butter, sliced almonds and warm maple syrup.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/10/17/guest-post-paleo-vanilla-chai-pancakes/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.