Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Allergy Friendly Breakfast Cookies
Posted By Danielle Walker On September 5, 2012 @ 9:39 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, puree the bananas, dates, applesauce, and shortening until it has the consistency of baby food, about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, lemon juice and pulse 5 or 6 times until combined.
- Add the dried fruit and shredded coconut and pulse twice. Don’t run it long enough to puree the dried fruit, just enough to incorporate it.
- Spoon golf-ball sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat.
- Flatten the balls a bit with your palm. These cookies don’t spread, so make them the shape and size you want prior to baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
*You can also press the dough into a greased pyrex dish and bake as bars for about 17 minutes.
* For those weighing your coconut flour, use 47g.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/09/05/allergy-friendly-breakfast-cookies/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.