Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Korean Beef Wrapped Asparagus
Posted By Danielle Walker On July 3, 2012 @ 8:52 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 pound U.S. Wellness Meats Flank Steak, thawed
- ⅛ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 25-30 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Place the steak in the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make it easier to slice very thinly.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade. Mix the coconut aminos, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, honey, red pepper flakes, pineapple juice, and fish sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the steak from the freezer, then cut across the grain into very thin strips, about ⅛ inch thick.
- Pour the marinade over the sliced steak, and marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Rub the olive oil over the asparagus, then wrap each stalk with a strip of beef.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Grill the beef wrapped asparagus over medium heat for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure the beef cooks evenly.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/07/03/korean-beef-wrapped-asparagus/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.