Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Paleo Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Posted By Danielle Walker On June 12, 2012 @ 8:56 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the eggs with the cacao butter for 30 seconds to a minute on medium high speed. Add the honey, vanilla and coconut milk then beat for a minute longer until fully incorporated.
- Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Using a sifter or a fine mesh strainer, sift the dry ingredients into the wet. Beat for one minute, scraping down the sides to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Stir in the chopped cherries and chocolate chips by hand. The batter should be fairly thick and lumpy. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup to ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. These are dark so it’s hard to tell when they are done by sight, but a toothpick should come out clean and the cake should bounce back when you press your finger gently into the top. Try not to over bake them or they will be too dry!
- I store half in the freezer for later use, and keep the other half on the counter tightly wrapped for 3-4 days.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/06/12/paleo-chocolate-cherry-muffins/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.