Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Watermelon Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Candied Walnuts
Posted By Danielle Walker On June 10, 2012 @ 10:21 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 6 pieces of watermelon, cut to 1 inch thickness
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Spiced Candied Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Using a large biscuit cutter, or just great circle cutting knife skills!, cut the watermelon slices into round circles. Use a knife to trim off any parts that make the circle uneven so it sits flat on a plate.
- n a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the mint, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the watermelon circles on a plate, then top each with a small handful of the arugula mixture (roughly 1/3 cup each).
- Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese and the chopped walnuts, then drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the tops. Enjoy!
* If you’re serving to a larger crowd, or don’t want to take the time to cut the watermelon into rounds, you can use a melon baller to create cute balls or just simply cut the watermelon into chunks and pile it all into a salad bowl. I also doubled the amount of arugula and dressing so it would provide a little heartier portions.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/06/10/watermelon-salad-with-arugula-goat-cheese-and-candied-walnuts/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.