Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
French Toast with Grilled Bananas
Posted By Danielle Walker On May 25, 2012 @ 6:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Slice the loaf into 8 thick slices. The loaf doesn’t stand very tall, so for bigger pieces like in the photos, cut the loaf in half to make 2 squares, then slice into 8 slices lengthwise.
- In a shallow pan, whisk together the eggs, milk, spices, and vanilla.
- Heat a little coconut oil in skillet over medium0-high heat.
- Dip each slice in the batter letting it sit on each side for 30 seconds so the bread can soak up the mixture a bit.
- Pan fry each slice for 1 minute on each side, or until slightly browned and crispy on the outside. I like to press them down with a spatula to push some of the egg mixture out of the bread so they are not too soggy on the inside.
- Once you’ve cooked all of the slices, add the banana slices to the same pan and cook for a couple of minutes until they are caramelized on one side.
- Serve the french toast with the grilled bananas and drizzled with honey or maple syrup.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/05/25/french-toast-with-grilled-bananas/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.