Growing up, I was never much of a waffle or pancake girl. I think it may have had something to do with the chalky mixes that we always bought. I adore my grain-free pancake and waffle recipes, but I will always be a French Toast girl if I have to chose between the three. Here’s an easy, dairy and grain free French Toast recipe for your weekend! You can use my sandwich bread recipe or any grain-free bread to make this french toast Paleo and SCD legal.
French Toast with Grilled Bananas
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 8 slices
- 1 loaf of Grain Free Sandwich Bread
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced in half then again lengthwise
- Slice the loaf into 8 thick slices. The loaf doesn’t stand very tall, so for bigger pieces like in the photos, cut the loaf in half to make 2 squares, then slice into 8 slices lengthwise.
- In a shallow pan, whisk together the eggs, milk, spices, and vanilla.
- Heat a little coconut oil in skillet over medium0-high heat.
- Dip each slice in the batter letting it sit on each side for 30 seconds so the bread can soak up the mixture a bit.
- Pan fry each slice for 1 minute on each side, or until slightly browned and crispy on the outside. I like to press them down with a spatula to push some of the egg mixture out of the bread so they are not too soggy on the inside.
- Once you’ve cooked all of the slices, add the banana slices to the same pan and cook for a couple of minutes until they are caramelized on one side.
- Serve the french toast with the grilled bananas and drizzled with honey or maple syrup.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my blog. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!