Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Thai Iced Tea
Posted By Danielle Walker On May 15, 2012 @ 1:44 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 whole star anise
- 2 cardamom pods
- 5 cups water
- 8 Assam black tea bags
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in the honey, then add the tea bags, star anise and cardamom. Cover and steep for 30 minutes.
- Chill the tea in the fridge until it as at least room temperature, preferably cooler if you can wait!
- Fill a glass with ice, then fill the glass ¾ of the way full with the chilled tea (make sure it’s chilled so it doesn’t melt the ice cubes and make for a watery tea).
- Top each glass with 2-4 tablespoons of coconut milk and serve immediately!
- Store the extra brewed tea separate from the coconut milk in the refrigerator for 1 week.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/05/15/dairy-free-thai-iced-tea/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.