Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Thai Yellow Curry with Prawns
Posted By Danielle Walker On May 14, 2012 @ 9:41 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoons turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground Thai Chiles, or cayenne will work
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (I use Red Boat)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, or 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (omit for whole30 or sugar-free)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (this one is SCD legal)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (also called coconut cream or coconut manna)
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice (I used broccoli, zucchini, and carrots)
- 1 pound uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- Place the shallot, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, fennel, ground chiles and fish sauce in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and a paste has formed.
- Scrape the paste into a sauce pan. Add kaffir leaves, palm sugar, coconut milk, tomato paste, and coconut butter. Whisk the sauce together and heat over medium-high heat until it has reached a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then add vegetables and prawns. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and slightly softened and the prawns have turned pink and are firm to the touch.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-7 minutes. The sauce will thicken a bit as it cools. Enjoy!
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/05/14/thai-yellow-curry-with-prawns/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.