Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chip Streusel Topping
Posted By Danielle Walker On March 28, 2012 @ 1:56 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 4 medium eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional, but may be needed if bananas aren’t too sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 overly ripe medium sized bananas (we’re talking big brown spots)
- ¼ cup milk (I used coconut, but almond works well too)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
For the Streusel
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a paddle attachment in a stand mixer, cream together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until is light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add in the apple cider vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Mash the bananas and the milk in a bowl until it has reached a similiar consistency to baby food. Fold the banana mixture into the batter and the chocolate chips if you’re using them.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins lined with cute parchment squares (thanks Martha!) or these handy and reusable silicone muffin cups. Fill to about ¾ full.
- For the streusel topping, chop the pecans, honey, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Mix in the chocolate chips, then sprinkle the mixture over the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops have browned lightly and a toothpick comes out clean.
- I like the store anything made with coconut flour in the fridge for 3-4 days or the freezer for 3-4 months.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/03/28/banana-muffins-with-chocolate-chip-streusel-topping/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.