Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Spinach, Butternut Squash and Pesto Pizza on Cauliflower Crust
Posted By Danielle Walker On March 13, 2012 @ 8:14 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
2 8in pizzas
- 1 recipe for Cauliflower Crust
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butternut squash, diced (see tutorial HERE)
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup Pesto Sauce
- ¼ cup Gruyere Cheese
- 2 teaspoons raw pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pre-bake your crusts for 12-15 minutes, until the edges have browned.
- Over medium heat, sauté the onion, honey, and salt in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes, until onions have softened.
- Add the remaining olive oil, then add the squash to the pan and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the spinach, and cook for 2 minutes until the spinach has slightly wilted.
- Spoon the pesto sauce onto the crusts, then layer with the vegetable mix and finish with the cheese.
- Sprinkle each pizza with 1 teaspoon pine nuts. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until cheese has melted.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/03/13/spinach-butternut-squash-and-pesto-pizza-on-cauliflower-crust/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.