Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Meat Lovers Pizza with Cauliflower Crust and Giveaway Winner Announced
Posted By Danielle Walker On March 7, 2012 @ 7:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- ½ head cauliflower, about 2 cups grated
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil, for brushing the tops
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt, for sprinkling on top
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup turkey chorizo sausage (or any store bought sausage)
- 2 ounces bacon (nitrate-free)
- 2 tablespoons crimini mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup cheddar cheese or provolone cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim the cauliflower and remove the stems. Place in your food processor and pulse until the florets are finely “riced.” You can also grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater.
- Place in a steamer placed over an inch or 2 of water, and steam until just tender but not fully cooked. Don’t let the cauliflower touch the water, it will absorb too much of the water and make a soggy crust.
- Combine the cauliflower, cheese, garlic, salt, basil, egg, and coconut flour in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Form two 8 inch circles with the dough on a piece of parchment paper. The “dough” will be pretty loose until it is cooked, so use your hands to form it into a circle and lightly press with your palms until it is ½ inch thick. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges.
- Warm a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the sausage, bacon, mushrooms, peppers, and onions until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Let the crust cool slightly, then add the toppings and place under the broiler for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/03/07/meat-lovers-pizza-with-cauliflower-crust/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.