Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Dairy Free Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie
Posted By Danielle Walker On February 17, 2012 @ 10:04 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the Custard
For the Ganache
- Bake the pie crust for 7 minutes for a tart pan or 12-15 for a pie plate. I chose to use a tart pan because it’s so pretty with it’s ridges. If you use a pie plate, you may want to double up on the fillings though so it fills the pie pan to the top.
- Pour the vanilla extract in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Let it sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and honey in a bowl, then quickly pour the heated coconut milk into the bowl whisking constantly to temper the eggs.
- Return the mixture to the sauce pan. Stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Make sure it doesn’t boil. Add the gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Scrape the custard into a glass bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cool but not set.
- While the custard is cooling, heat all of the ganache ingredients over low heat until just melted and combined.
- Pour into cooled pie crust, spreading evenly along the bottom.
- Once the ganache has cooled completely, but not set, layer in the sliced bananas. Press down gently so the bananas stay in place.
- After the custard has cooled, pour it over the bananas, spreading it evenly. Place the pie in the fridge until set, about 2 hours.
- Pipe or spread coconut whipped cream over top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/02/17/dairy-free-black-bottom-banana-cream-pie-scd-paleo/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.