Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Pudding Pie
Posted By Danielle Walker On February 10, 2012 @ 8:34 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
2 individual pies
- 1 Half Recipe for Honey Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 large banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 can coconut milk (for the coconut whipped cream)
- Pre-bake the pie crust at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside until it is completely cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the shredded coconut, in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the shredded coconut by hand, then pour the pudding into the chilled pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whipped coconut cream and serve cold!
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream
- Place the can of coconut milk, or 2 cups fresh, in the refrigerator overnight. Chill a glass or metal bowl in the freezer along with your beaters for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the coconut milk from the fridge so you don’t disturb the separation. Scoop off the cream that has risen to the top and place in chilled bowl.
- Beat on high until peaks form. Drizzle a teaspoon of honey in while the beaters are still going.
*I find that a handheld mixer works better than my stand mixer. You can use a stand mixer, it just takes longer and doesn’t get as stiff.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/02/10/vegan-chocolate-coconut-pudding-pie/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.