Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter “Granola” Bars
Posted By Danielle Walker On February 10, 2012 @ 7:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Combine the vanilla, honey, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- While the mixture is heating, place all of the nuts and dates in a food processor and chop until the mixture resembles course sand.
- Add the shredded coconut and sunflower seeds and pulse a few times until the sunflower seeds are roughly chopped.
- Remove the coconut oil mixture from the stove once it has melted, then stir in the nut mixture.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, then pour the granola bar mixture into the pan.
- Place another piece of parchment on top, and use your palms to press the mixture into the pan evenly. Make sure to pack it down as tightly as possible. This will help the bars bind and not crumble. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and press them in lightly.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours. Lift the parchment paper out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the bars into rectangles.
- You can store these in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or the freezer for a few months. If storing in the freezer, remove the bars for about 20 minutes prior to serving.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/02/10/dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-granola-bars/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.