Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Breakfast Pizza with Gruyere, Baked Eggs, and Bacon
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 31, 2012 @ 7:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the Pizza
- ¼ cup Crème fraîche (scd legal), or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 7 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 4 eggs
- fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the dough ingredients in a stand mixer until the a soft dough comes together in a ball. Press the dough into a tart pan, then bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Mix the Crème fraîche and Gruyère in a bowl and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture in the bottom of the baked tart shell, then layer the bacon on top.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Bake the tart for 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese, then remove it and carefully crack the eggs on top.
- Return it to the oven and bake it for another 7-10 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft. If you prefer more well-done yolks, leave the tart in the oven for 2-3 minutes more. The whites will look slightly underdone due to the oils from the cheese, but they will be set.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/01/31/breakfast-pizza/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.