Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
SCD and Paleo Vanilla Granola
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 29, 2012 @ 7:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seeds (omit for SCD)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup honey, melted
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus 1 teaspoon for soaking water)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/2 cup raisins
- Soak all of the nuts in enough water to cover them and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover, and soak overnight, changing out the water one time. Soak the sunflower seeds in a separate bowl, following the same procedure as above.
- Drain the nuts and seeds and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining water. Keep half of the sunflower seeds separate.
- Place all of the nuts and half of the sunflower seeds in the bowl of a food processor. Grind them until they resemble the size of oats.
- Add in the coconut oil, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, sea salt. Pulse until combined.
- Next, add last half of the sunflower seeds and the flax seeds and pulse once or twice, until they are roughly chopped and mixed into the nut mixture.
- Remove the blade, then mix in the shredded coconut with a spoon. Turn the mixture out onto 3 parchment covered dehydrator trays. Spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Dehydrate on 120 degrees for 24 hours, turning twice. The granola may feel a little sticky and wet when you first remove it, but will crisp up after cooling.
- Stir in the raisins, then let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
Dehydrating is my preferred method for making this granola, but you could probably bake the granola in your oven at its lowest setting for 2-3 hours, or until completely dried and free of all moisture.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/01/29/grain-free-scd-paleo-vanilla-granola/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.