Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Breakfast Burrito with Turkey Chorizo Sausage
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 27, 2012 @ 7:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the Chorizo (you’ll have leftover sausage for other use, unless you double the burrito ingredients)
- ½ pound dark meat ground turkey
- 1-1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
For the Burritos (makes 2 burritos)
- 2 Grain-Free Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup chorizo sausage
- 3 scrambled eggs
- ¼ cup cheese (try the Raw Jalepeno cheese from US Wellness Meats!)
- 2 tablespoons leftover enchilada sauce (or salsa of your choice)
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon green onions, for garnish
- Mix together all of the sausage ingredients in a bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Brown sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same pan you used for the sausage, saute the peppers, onions, and spinach.
- Layer the vegetable mixture, eggs, cheese, and sausage on the tortillas. Roll them up like a burrito, then spoon the enchilada sauce over them.
- Top with avocado, greek yogurt, and green onions. Or for a Paleo friendly topping use my Cashew Avocado Cream.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/01/27/breakfast-burrito-turkey-chorizo-sausage/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.