Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup with Cheddar Cheese Chips
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 8, 2012 @ 6:52 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 6 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into circles
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pasilla pepper (or Poblano), deseeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 whole chicken, divided into parts (skinless but with bone in)
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Cheddar Cheese Chips (recipe follows)
- Black beans
- Dripped Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Place all of the soup ingredients into a crock pot, except for the lime juice and cilantro. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken and use 2 forks to shred the meat from the bone. Discard the bones then return the chicken to the pot.
- Add in the juice from 2 lime and the chopped cilantro.
- Continue cooking for up to 8 hours, or until you’re ready to serve.
For the Cheddar Cheese Chips:
- Using your fingers, place about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese in a small mound on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until you have your desired amount of chips. Bake the cheese mounds at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. They will spread out flat and start to brown on the ends. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup with the cheese chips, black beans and sliced avocado on the side.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/01/08/crock-pot-mexican-chicken-soup-with-cheddar-cheese-chips/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.