Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Grain-free Apple Spice Coffee Cake (SCD and Paleo)
Posted By Danielle Walker On December 10, 2011 @ 8:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the cake
For the cinnamon swirl
For the glaze
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1/2 tablespoon unfiltered apple juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, in its solid state
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (the solid fat that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a round piece of parchment paper at the bottom of a round cake pan, then lightly oil all sides with a little coconut oil.
- Toss together the apples and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the coconut oil, eggs, honey, and vanilla in another small bowl, then incorporate the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the apple mixture, then spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Mix the cinnamon swirl ingredients in a small bowl, then drizzle around the cake. Use a toothpick or a skewer to drag the mixture around and make swirly patterns in the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, then use a knife to loosen the sides from the pan. Invert the cake onto the rack and peel off the parchment paper.
- Flip the cake so it’s right-side-up, and continue cooling either on the rack or by placing in the refrigerator.
- Mix together all of your glaze ingredients in a blender or small food processor. If it’s a little too runny, place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to thicken it up a bit.
- Drizzle over the cake, then serve immediately or store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/12/10/gluten-free-grain-free-apple-spice-coffe-cake/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.