I love pomegranate seeds in a salad. They add a nice crunch and a lovely red color, and go really well with a balsamic vinaigrette. I actually would have preferred to put Bosc pears in this salad, but I couldn’t find any ripe ones so I used some of my son’s blueberries!
Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Blueberries
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups trimmed baby arugula
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Bring the vinegar to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. The vinegar will start to resemble a syrup.
- Remove the pan from heat, and add the honey. Set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Toss the lettuces with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, blueberries, almonds and balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my blog. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!