Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Baked Squash Fries with Marinara Sauce
Posted By Danielle Walker On November 5, 2011 @ 8:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 zucchini (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 yellow squash (cut into matchsticks)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup hot almond milk (or 2 eggs whisked)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with ½ tablespoon EVOO.
- Mix salt, pepper, almond flour, and Parmesan in a shallow bowl.
- Put the flaxseed slurry in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each squash stick in the slurry, then lightly shake off the excess. Transfer to the almond flour mixture bowl and turn until lightly coated.
- Place the squash fries on prepared cookie sheet, then drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the fries over and bake another 10 minutes. The fries should be golden brown.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/11/05/baked-squash-fries-with-marinara-sauce/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.