Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Chili Lime Nuts
Posted By Danielle Walker On October 27, 2011 @ 8:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- ½ pound raw cashews
- ½ pound raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cover the nuts with water and add a half tablespoon of sea salt. Soak the almonds over night and the cashews for 6 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees (or get your dehydrator ready).
- Spread the cashews and almonds on separate trays in a single layer. Dry the nuts, turning occasionally, for 8 hours. Split the remaining ingredients in half. Remove from the oven and toss each tray of nuts with half the olive oil, spices, salt, and lime juice.
- Return to oven and dry for another 1-2 hours, or until all of the moisture is gone and nuts have a crunch to them. The almonds may take less time than the cashews.
- If you don’t soak and dry, toss the nuts first then roast them at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Turn every 5 minutes so they don’t burn.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place for two weeks.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/10/27/chili-lime-nuts-paleo-scd/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.