Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Grilled Artichokes with Rémoulade dipping sauce
Posted By Danielle Walker On October 25, 2011 @ 3:48 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the artichokes
- 4 artichokes
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (homemade or from the jar)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (If you don’t have it, leave it out. Don’t use dried)
- dash of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Start by mixing all of the sauce ingredients in a small glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you prepare the artichokes.
- Fill a large pot 1/4 of the way full with water. Bring to a boil, then add juice of 1 lemon.
- Trim the stalks of the artichokes and any leaves that are sharp. Using a sharp knife, chop off the top inch or so of the artichoke.
- Cut each artichoke in half, and remove the hairy middle by scraping with a spoon.
- Place the halves in the pot. The water should go about half way up the artichokes, do not submerge them.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook covered for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Test an outer leaf for doneness. The meat should be tender but not fully cooked.
- Drain the water and place halves on a cutting board.
- Drizzle the flat side with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the artichokes cut-side down on the grill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with sauce on the side.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/10/25/grilled-aritchokes-with-zesty-dipping-sauce-paleo-scd/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.