Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
Posted By Danielle Walker On September 28, 2011 @ 11:38 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
For the Peanut Butter Swirl
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (unsweetened, smooth) or sunbutter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, coconut milk, cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Place the plastic wrap directly on the liquid, so there is no condensation. Place in the refrigerator and chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Using your ice cream maker (I use the Kitchen Aid stand mixer attachment) according to the manufacturer’s instructions, process the chilled ice cream mixture.
- While the ice cream is processing, mix together the peanut butter swirl ingredients.
- During the last 5 minutes, once the ice cream has started to firm up, drizzle in the peanut butter mixture. Then add the dark chocolate chunks.
- Turn the ice cream into an air tight container. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream so freezer burn doesn’t occur.
- Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- And lastly, try not to eat all of the ice cream in one night. Seriously though, it will be tempting.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/09/28/chocolate-peanut-butter-swirl-ice-cream/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.