Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Cheesy Stuffed Summer Squash
Posted By Danielle Walker On September 12, 2011 @ 2:50 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise. Using a sharp paring knife, score a rectangle around the seeds. This will make it easier for you to scoop out the pulp and ensure that you don’t puncture the skin. Hollow out the inside of the squash, setting the pulp aside. Leave about a 1/4 inch on the sides and bottoms so stuffing doesn’t break through.
- Place 6 halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm oil and then add onions, mushrooms, and squash pulp. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until veggies have started to soften.
- Add the garlic, thyme, artichoke hearts, and the remaining salt and pepper. Cook for an addition 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes or until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Pour the vegetable mixture in to a bowl and combine it with the remaining ingredients. Stuff each squash half with the mixture, then bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until the shell has just softened.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/09/12/cheesy-stuffed-summer-squash/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.