Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Coffee Nut Truffles
Posted By Danielle Walker On May 3, 2011 @ 8:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1/2 cup Raw Almonds
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 6-8 dates
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit if Vegan)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground Decaf coffee
- 1 cup raw unsweetened coconut (shredded)
1 tablespoon unsweetened 100% cacao powder
- First, grind all the nuts in a food processor, until it looks like a nut flour. Set the flour aside.
- Starting with 6 dates, process the dates, honey and the coconut oil until smooth.
- Add in the nut flour, 1/4 cup of the coconut, and the coffee grinds (and the cacao if using). Process until well combined. Add the additional 2 dates if dough doesn’t stick together.
- Roll dough into bite sized balls, then roll in the remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before eating. Store in the fridge in a sealed container for 1 month.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/05/03/coffee-nut-truffles/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.