Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Cinnamon Baked Stuffed Apples
Posted By Danielle Walker On April 25, 2011 @ 2:52 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 4 medium Golden Delicious apples (Granny Smith or Braeburn will work too)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unfiltered apple juice or cider
- 4 tablespoons butter (cut into 4 squares)
- Core each apple, making sure to not puncture the bottom of the apple so the juices won’t escape.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel a 1/2 inch strip from the top of each apple.
- Combine raisins, pecans, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of the apple juice.
- Fill each apple cavity with the mixture and then place in a casserole dish. Place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each opening.
- Pour the remaining apple juice into the dish surrounding the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Baste with the juices every 15-20 minutes.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2011/04/25/cinnamon-baked-stuffed-apples/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.