I was running out of options for breakfast items that were quick before work, so I came up with these mini egg frittatas. I make a large batch of them every couple of weeks and individually freeze them so I can pop one in the microwave. The trick it to slightly under-bake them so they will be flavorful and moist after microwaving. I eat them with my SCD yogurt and a muffin every morning.
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 24 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup cubed ham (for SCD legal, make sure it is cured with salt or honey)
- Salt and pepper
Optional ingredients : spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until yolks and the whites are combined.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and then pour into greased muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- Let the frittatas cool, and then wrap individually in cling wrap.
* indicates required